Tuesday 24 February 2009

out of the blue..

i am actually waiting to make pancake... and i added one extra ingredient to it...topped with chocolate ice cream!! yum yum~

While waiting, i suddenly thought of my plan after finishing my MSc....If i were to go back Malaysia to work next time, I think i should stay in UK and complete my PhD...rationally thinking (with my rusty/moulded/fungal-over-grown brain), the biotechnology field in Malaysia hasn't developed yet....its technology is still MILES away compared to europe/japan/america...

So, if i study PhD, i can work as lecturer instead of just as researcher/biotechnologist....hmm...if i return with only my MSc, i can't possibly be a lecturer as i think i am not fit enough to be one....I had emailed my lecturer about it and she said i should definitely continue my PhD if i wanted to...So, I am now trying to decide what should i do? I would loved to stay close to family..studying PhD will be like a long term investment before i can get back to Malaysia huh? argh! headache...Someone suggested Germany or Switzerland to me...and i am kinda interested..but i feel like staying close to HOME...After all, i had been independent for so many years, and it's time for me to relax at home~

I am confused! argh....nevermind, i'll think about this after the pancake~ hahha!

I've heard a funny thing, but quite true...(although it doesn't apply to me now...)

The Grading System for Asian is like this:
A - Average
B - Bad
C - Crap
D - Dead
E - End of your life story (If you are dead, your story continue in hell)
F - Forever Forgotten/abandoned (F**ked)

The Grading System for Caucasian:
A - Awesome
B - Better than most people
C - Can do better
D - Average
E - should improve
F - Fail

Hahhaha! This is so true sometimes! I can still remember when I was in primary 4 and I got a 94% for my mathematics...The teacher (i can still remember her full name!) made me stay and even complained to my mum! She asked my mum to meet her and my mum thought i failed my exam! When she took out my exam paper, my mum was so shocked!

my mum's thought : 94% and i have to meet the teacher? Bet there'll be lots of parents later..
my thought : What?! I thought I failed!

Even until today, my mum can still remember this incidentand joked about it...hahha! But she is one of the best teacher i had ever came accross...Thank you for your care...(she really cared about me a lot because those students who got lower than me didn't get lectured..)

I am forever in debt to a few teachers....They really shaped me to who i am today...however, there's one particular teacher whom i'll hate her forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...hahha! i think most of my friends knew about this story~

okie, gotta make my pancake! tata

4 comments:

FM Luder said...

hey it's great u wanna get back to ur family! but also don't wish away your university years or look at them as a chore - one day you will see these as days to cherish and you WILL want to go back to them!

in other words, enjoy the barbarians while u can =]

Donna Bong said...

lols~ definately PHD!!! if you're thinking about doing education or more research.. University of Alberta has one of the bigger research faculities i HEARD. come come come here. hahaha

connie said...

FM :

I am definitely NOT enjoying my days with the barbarians~ hahha! If i were to choose btwn family and barbarians, i WONDER which one i'll choose...haha!

Donna:

I am thinking of research...coz i hate exams a LOT! hahhaha! I'll check that Uni out...who knows i ended up being your neighbour~ hahahhaha! So, you think i should study PhD?

FM Luder said...

haha maybe not enjoying the barbarians I guess! but u'll realise how much u enjoyed ur university days one day =]