Wednesday 4 February 2009

entangled emotionally

My EMOTION is seriously entwine causing 'emotional confusion' where I don't even know if i am extremely happy (example: open my room and endless chocolates pour out from the door) or extremely sad (example: gaining extra 20kgs/chocolate extinction)...yea, this is exactly how i feel...both the extreme emotions boiling inside me~ sound kinda serious? nah...not that serious~

i had just learn to live with it~ yep....i had 192 graphs to analyse and those barbarians are not making it any easier for ANYONE! They can label the strips wrongly and I have to guess which is the gene according to each graph...dreadful isn't it? If they had label it ACCORDING to the LAB MANUAL (yea, it is WRITTEN...HOW TO LABEL)...cute aren't they? (i sound sacrastic, but I should be!!!!)

after analysing the stupid graphs for few days and checking all the peaks, i found out that most of the genes they conducted are not working at all~ (even cuter)....the temperatures are supposed to be above 78....but NONE of them got it...and this applied to my non-barbarians coursemates too...(but at least they labelled it correctly! it's may be the DNA problems)...i don't mind if the results turned out wrong, but at least they are not making it harder for me!

and they (barbarians) had been calling me non-stop! yea, i am blogging, my phone is ringing and MSN is nudging as well....(my status is away...)..i know this would happen!! just like the exam period and previous assignments...whenever the deadline is near, MY DEADLINE IS EVEN CLOSER....i don't know what i should do!! i had picked up several calls this afternoon, explaining the same thing...and now, i have to re-explain in MSN...(i am explaining and bloggin at the same time...multitasking...coz the tension from explanation is building up, i need some way to relieve it before i burst...)


and the worse part??...here it comes...


those explanations have nothing to do with my own gene which i am supposed to explain....i am explaining other genes....(meaning: i am doing their parts...) they should really withdraw and i'll put my name on all the certificates...wow! i'll have lotsa MSc certificates~


BUT THEN, WHY AM I SO HAPPY? WHAT CAN POSSIBLY MADE ME SO HAPPY?

1. a call from my mum today, MSN with my cute sisters....

2. My gene is correct...all the temperatures are above 80!! 11 coursemates, and all their DNA using the primers i designed, produced the theoretical results! oh yea~ the only gene with temperature above 78~

I like to talk about unhappy stuff 1st...coz i'll forget about it by the time i talk about happy stuff~ haha! But the phone is still ringing...luckily my ringtone is nice~



Ps: my housemate's bf brought his xbox over....
Sad: means he'll be permanently here?? i am busy with assignments, they are noisy...
Happy: i get to play if i wanted to (but i am stuck here explaining....)

5 comments:

Donna Bong said...

oiyo.. i wish i had 10% of your smartness. at least you know the answers that the barbarians ask you. really one day you should just let your phone ring, let them hand in their assignment wrong. and just tell them that you put ur phone on silent and forgot all about it til school started. LOL. do something mean to them!!! DO IT DO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Wah~~ so many mutants there! haha! Don't bother them... u should tell them:
'your mutated gene has nothing to do with me...it's between you and your God..."
haha!!!
By the way, congrat because ur gene is correct! haha! Now u already know how to design DNA primers... feel happy for u! Haha!

connie said...

Donna:

i really wanted to ignore their calls and MSN...REALLY, REALLY wanted to do that so badly...my brain is telling me to do so, but my heart told me the other way round...the guilt just creeps up whenever i think of not answering their calls...i am not smart, just pure luck that i can answer it...

i believe in 'what comes around, goes around'...so i hoped that if one day, if i don't know somethg, someone will be thr to help me as well...


Yhan:

yea, i am kinda happy i know how to design primers...i believe my luck is there...just pure luck that i can get it right...

FM Luder said...

take this attitude to your workplace, as results and teamwork will always be in place.

don't take this at university - you're there to get YOUR degree. do not feel guilty! just don't let this wear you down and then affect your own degree results (including other modules).

you're too kind to barbarians...

connie said...

i am not being kind~ just hope that when i need help, someone will be there~ but my luck's really good~ maybe this is a blessing in disguise? who knows~