Sunday 25 January 2009

my new year's eve~ without my family..

dragon dance....


buffet dishes...ugh..


i know it looks ugly, so does the taste....it matches...but caucasians find it yummy~
(no offense...maybe it's the taste bud's problem..)

this is the most ridiculous thing! firecrackers lit in a safety steel cage with fire extinguishers and firemen surrounding it! RIDICULOUS! if this happens in malaysia, i think jobless is not a problem in malaysia anymore...every chinese will hire firemen~ there might even be firemen shortage~ ha-ha..


siu mai...extremely salty..


sweet n sour dishes...it was better than the others..



peppermint&chocolate chip and vanilla ice cream

(this is the best thing at the buffet...i ate at least 7 bowls)



oh, more firecrackers in steel cages...


umm....sweet n sour, i guess?


noodles, fried rice...and...i have no idea what those are...


oh! this is jelly~ i didn't even tried it...it looks....umm....unpalatable?


i found lou po peng~ okie ler...not bad...but it is topped with shredded coconut...which is weird...


lion dance!


chinatown

ps: i am kinda lazy to organise the photos, so excuse the jumbled up blog...

it should have been my reunion dinner with my family tonight...instead, i ended up having reunion dinner (more like a get to know each other dinner) with my new friends....


i woke up this morning feeling sluggish...i had no mood for any kind of celebration...but i felt the urge to call up my grandpa to wish him happy chinese new year and the best of health...(gong xi fa chai, shen ti jian kang)...after calling him, i chatted with my family members for a while...then, i dressed up and went out to meet my friends at chinatown...

.....
on the way, i bumped into a black guy (not being racist) asking for direction...i don't know what has gone into me, i showed him to his destination (which is in the opposite direction of where i am supposed to meet up my friends)...he kept on thanking me all the way and saying that i am really nice....he even said that without my help, he would be lost....i didn't know it was his luck to meet me or my luck that a complete stranger cheered me up....suddenly, i felt a bit better...and my mood lifted a little...after sending him off, i head off to meet my friends...
.....
my lil' brother (whom i had mentioned in my blog before, the one i helped on the first day he arrived liverpool) and i invited some friends for a buffet dinner.... i don't know his friends, vice versa.... i get to know 2 Hongkies, 2 chinese (China) and 2 Malaysian Chinese....the eight of us went to chinatown because we were told that there will be some sort of parade (keposss)...in the end, we saw a lot of caucasians instead of chinese...and the lion dance and dragon dance were performed by the caucasians as well...
.....
we went to some chinese shop and i bought 'lou po peng'...wife's biscuits....it was okay....around 3pm, we went for buffet...my mood was pretty good throughout the outing...it should be due to the friends around me and the food..
.....
i wish everyone the best of health for the new year



conclusion for the day : after eating so much, i feel a lot better...tomorrow is a new year, so i'll definitely dump all these behind me, and move forward....whether it is university stuff or personal stuff, i will deal with it....


A POSITIVE ATTITUDE MAKES A LONG AND DIFFICULT JOURNEY EASY.....

1 comment:

shirley. said...

gong xi fatt cai! ang pao! lols.. miss ya.. wish u were here.. i'll wait for u to come back~ hehhe.. the food isn't so nice without u around.. lol.. love ya~

p/s: the firecrackers in the steel cages really funny lar.. first time see it.. amazing~