Thursday 22 January 2009

my indie week~

hehehe! today, i went to my friend's place to watch some movies and play xbox again....actually, i never thought of going until my housemates asked me to help her in the lab today...anyway, i'll be helping her next week...so i'll be super duper busy....everyday after my class, or in between my classes, i'll have to pop over to the lab and help her out with her final year project....

today, i had forgotten to bring my lab coat along...and i am kinda lazy to make another trip back to my residence hall just to get that stupid lab coat...so i just told her that i am not free instead...actually, i am not supposed to help her as i do not have the risk assessment form...i might be expelled if i were found conducting an experiment without that form...argh! i am kinda caught in between...i was dragged into this pile of shitty situation because of all the housemates...they are all asking me to help that girl....she has 5 weeks left to finish her project...i think she has enough time if she really put her time to it....


she only conducts the experiment from monday to thursday....why? she wanted to have fun (clubbing) on friday & saturday (and even next wednesday!)....oh my god....this is what i called 'westerner's life'.... they are not dedicated to work at all...they just wanted to have fun...but i guess i'll have to help her out...not much choice either...


okay, back to today....i went for an indian cuisine....my friend and i ordered extra super hot (we really did)...but it wasn't that spicy....not up to my expectation...the indian restaurant owner was suprised (i think shock would better describe him)! he kept on apologising when he see that we are not even sweating or drinking any water while having the food...he even asked us why we ordered a three person's portion! and we finished everything! hahhaha! he told us that the chef had done his best to make it as spicy as possible...too bad...he asked us if we would like to have some green chilli to top the dishes...


i am like....WHAT? topped it with chilli? then i can cook any spicy dish! just added some chilli then it is spicy...that's silly! we want the food to be blend with the spice, not just add on top of it!


anyway, that shop offered me something i really missed a lot...MANGO LASSI... yay!!! at last! i found mango lassi~


after the dinner, we went to a bar and ordered honey beer...oh, and pickled eggs as well....haha! i had been complaining that i am too full....so, my friend suggested pickled egg....the theory behind it is the sourish taste will ease the bulging stomach, i guess? but the beer make it even worse! so right now, i am too full to even lie down....argh!

here's some photos.....
i had forgotten to take picture of my naan (huge!) and 2 huge bowls of Pilao (pulav) rice! no wonder the owner was shocked when he saw us ordering so much! hahha! we were famished by the time we got there (due to the cold weather)....so, we can really eat a lot!

the restaurant we went (ASHA)

the top dish is lamb bhuna,followed by lamb madras & chicken tikka masala..
(we are carnivorous)

MY MANGO LASSI (my love)


pickled eggs and honey beer...

2 comments:

Donna Bong said...

CONNIE! I've been reading your blog eversince DISCOVERING that shirley had one tooo. LOL.

I love indian food! but it's soooo expensive don't you think?? Fine dining indian food, that's what i find here.. lols. i miss the 90sen roti canai.

ANYWAYS, i DIDNT know that you were in UK! I was in liverpool for the new years! had i known we could of went out together!!!!!! awwwww, bummmer! but keep posting. im a keeeeeeeeeeeen reader :)

connie said...

oh my god! you were in liverpool??!!! should have ask me to give you a tour around liverpool!!!!!!!!!

keen reader? betcha love the food pics...minus those craps...hahhahaha!

actually, i really missed those normal indian food (cheap, mamak styled)...the indian food here is indeed so damn expensive!

thanks for reading!