Friday 9 January 2009

my deepest condolence...

my deepest condolence to Prof. David Billington for his loss.....His wife, Dr. Katherine Zuzel, had passed away on 27th of december 2008 with her funeral held on 8th Jan 2009...

I have not met Prof. Billington before, but had bumped into Dr. Zuzel a few times before the holiday...I was waiting for my tutor, Dr. Sharples, every tuesday and his room was located just beside hers...I remember her greeting me everytime she saw me eventhough i wasn't one of her students...

her death made me feel that life is so fragile....she was perfectly healthy lady with a warm smile always....never had i thought that the lady i saw every tuesday for the last semester would be gone by the time i return for my second semester...

life is short, so cherish those beside you......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandmother just passed away last week... 28/Dec/2008!! Sigh~~~ Life is really unpredictable...

connie said...

gosh!!! life is so fragile...really unexpected! my deepest condolence, my friend...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this, I am sat at work googling my mum's name and found your entry.

Vesna.

Anonymous said...

These sites are not normally for 'oldies' like me, but my step-daughter has shown me this. Thank you for your kind words, we are all hurting.....

connie said...

you are welcome...i never thought you will see this piece of blog...she was really a nice lady...she may not be here physically, but she lives in your hearts...she even left footprints in her students' hearts...i have a few friends taught by her...and they told me she was a great lecturer...

may she rests in peace..

Neil Evans said...

I was one of her students, and I am saddened to hear about the death of one of my old lecturers. She is now finally returned home whence she came. XX

J.a.q. said...

She was the best always will be missing her greatly..