Wednesday 13 May 2009

pressured...

i am under quite a lot of pressure due to the responsibility of my training...my supervisors made me start everything from scratch!
eg:

1) even when there are prepared buffers, they don't want me to use it...they wanted me to mix the buffer myself...means measuring everything...

2) before using the chromatography, i need to set all those pressures, temp, volume, conductivity, concentration etc...myself...

3) learning the software before using the chromatography....

4) my supervisor said 'I want this young lady here to be as busy as possible without a single second she is idle...'

5) i have to dialyse everything and mixing the solution as well

6) the prepared polyacrylamide gel cannot be used! they want me to micropipette everything and make the gel...even the buffer for running the gel need to be mixed by myself...

sob-sob....anyway...i think they wanted to train me...so this is what it meant by industrial training...haha! but the barbarian working in the same lab as me doesn't get to do this...i pitied him but i think it is due to his attitude problem...who would trust someone who don't even bother to turn up and who is always late?

as a reward, one nice lab assistant gave me some really GREAT chocolates!! i had never seen that chocolate before...but it tastes SUPERB...okay, i gotta do some reading coz i'll be tested on some application tomorrow....


PS: my coursemates get one supervisor each...i have 3 supervisors, 2 lab assistant, 2 PhD students doing my project and getting me started...i guess i am the lucky one...coz i can learn more...but the downside?

i have to work harder than anyone else, i have to put more effort in everything...and lastly, i am kinda involved in three different projects...not to mention my main project is the latest project done by cambridge university in october 2008! since it is quite new, i have to revised the method and redevelop the method for future reference in LJMU! (i just get to know it today...more pressure...no wonder the lab assistant try to reduce my pressure with the nice chocolates...i had eaten 4 pieces before taking the picture..haha!)

2 comments:

Micropipette said...

Variable volume adjustable hand pipetters are very useful in any laboratory where multiple volumes are needed.

Amayra said...

Variable volume adjustable hand pipettes are very useful in any laboratory where multiple volumes are needed.