Saturday 9 May 2009

my impromptu cake...

i never planned to bake a sponge cake...i planned to make myself a pancake...


i ended up googling how to bake spongecake...after i mix the butter and sugar..i realised that i dont have any fillings for my spongecake...i ended up making custard filling...hahhaa! reason? i have eggs...hhaha!


it was so good that...right after i cut it into half and spread my homemade custard on it, my housemates all rushed in and finished it...luckily i managed to take pictures and grab myself a slice~ hooray~ here's the photo...




my custard (i dont know how to make...erm...i didnt read the instruction properly...milk should be boiled then the yolk and sugar added in....)

what i did: sugar + yolk, mix...add cold milk...then microwave for 3 mins, then mix it again...


this is my mixture...ready to be dumped into the oven


i sliced the cake into half so i spread my custard in between


custard spread on top



this is the cake...before slicing it...sorry for the jumbled photo..


just look at it...omg...it taste....DELICIOUS...not only palatable..haha!

this proves that it is actually a spongecake...


my mistakes during cake baking:

1. instead of using vanilla extract, i used lemon juice....
2. instead of using self raising flour ONLY, i added plain flour and baking powder to it
3. instead of 190 C i used 150 C
4. instead of 4 eggs, i used 5...
5. instead of cream and strawberry fillings, i used custard..

Outcome: it is still a spongecake and tastes great...

conclusion: Connie had just obtained PhD in bakery~ muahahhaha

No comments: