Tuesday 21 July 2009

GRADUATION!!!!

i had just attended my BSc graduation...kinda weird, coz i am the only one in my course graduating...

this year, my parents didn't attend the graduation, but i have a lot of frens attending it...took a lot of pic, but none of them are with me...i will post it as soon as i get hold of it...hehe!

i wore high heels and it is killing me!!!! i had a hard time walking!! I hoped to wear casual...but it's the BIG day..so i had to wear as formal as possible...not to mention meeting with a few Deans as well as some Professors...All of them keep mentioning about my phd! I am really happy and grateful to one particular professor who can't stop saying :

"This is Connie and she is definitely the one we want to keep here"

i am really happy to hear this...and did i mention that the professor who said this has not taught me before?! he had never taught me and he is really nice! he even helped me to find a job in Malaysia! He has a few part time PhD students and he is asking them to find me a job in Malaysia before he heard that i wanted to further my studies!!! And now, he keep asking around for phd funding for me...I can never thank him enough...

At the graduation, the professors and Deans shared some secrets with me which i am not supposed to be blogging about..anyway, it is all about the phd thingy...I am forever in debt to them for even trying so hard to get funding for me! Even if i dont get the funding, I will still be grateful and I can never thank them enough..

Yesterday, I showed my one-week-long results I obtained for my project to my supervisor...He was SHOCKED! He said I had done something really good and it's something new! He said I should continue my PhD on this area...

my phd friend (whom i am working with), said :

Wow, and you just did your phd in a week..tsk tsk..no wonder everyone wanted you to be here...You always hit jackpots...hahhaha!

I think my luck is really good and I am hoping my luck will follow me throughout my life...for the rest of the day, i kept grinning and smiling to myself (hey, who's not on cloud 9 when being praised)

anyway, I am grateful to everyone being so nice to me...I love all of you!!!

3 comments:

shirley. said...

congratulations oooooo!!!!!

Jocelyn said...

oh my girl...so proud of you! when are u coming back?? ;(

connie said...

Shirley: thank u lor...still have another one next year...

Jojo: I will be back somewhr in october...make sure u r FREE! and intro me to "someone" la...and i still wana go to that cheras pumpkin-porridge steamboat~