Tuesday 7 April 2009

i am proud of myself..

i am so pleased and proud of myself...despite having sore throat and a lil' bit of fever, i managed to bake a DELICIOUS banana cake and even made char siew pao!! okay, i'll be frank...the char siew pao's dough is made from those ready packed flour....you just have to ad water and knead it...but the char siew (bbq pork) is actually cooked by myself!!


as for the banana cake, i made it from SCRATCH!!! hahhaa! i am so pleased!! mum, for the next chinese new year, i am going to bake a dozen of this cake! hahhaa! the whole cake is finished within a day!!! imagine how delicious it is...


Picture says more than a thousand words...here it goes!!!





My wet and dry ingredients...


After combining all my ingredients and placed in a greased spring form pan...


after baking..right outta oven!!

look at that delicious product!! omg...it was sooo goooddd! (i cant believe i made it all by myself and it was a success!! my first time of baking...memorable..hhahahha!)



my char siew (bbq pork)...i cooked it myself...and even minced the meat myself!



my mixed dough...from the prepared pack...just add water...


my cute lil' char siew pao...hhahahha!


straight outta the steam pot



This is how the end product looked!! yum yum!


Ps: u cant believe how happy i was...if this motivation were to be put into studies, i guess i would excel...hhahaha!
PPS: barbarians have been annoying me again...eventhough i answer their calls which my "sexy" voice, they still keep calling...i thought if you know someone is not feeling well, you'll leave them alone!! argh! they just dont get it! I told them i am sick and havin fever as well...and guess what they said? "can you come to the library tomorrow morning to compare the notes?"
my thought: *ttuuutttt* you all!!! can u see that i am *tuuttt* sick?!!! and for the *tuutt* notes, you can just download it from the internet!! darn! everything is on the internet!!! i havent even printed mine out!!! **tttuuuttttuuuuttttuuuuttttuuuuttt**
my answer: if i can....
I dont know what i should do...if i dont help them, i feel guilty and selfish and just basically i feel like a jerk...
If i help them, i have to drag myself in the cold weather!! which i really dont want to!!! i dont wana have fever while going for exam!!


4 comments:

FM Luder said...

bottling everything up again? u don;t have to bend over backwards for them u know. they'll just take advantage. don't be your own worst enemy and give them what they want while makin u feel 'unhappy' inside - they don't deserve it.

said...

erm....banana cake and 'cha siu bao'??? really UNBELIEVABLE'...they r really look delicious~~~~~ei...im really wondering, as u said, u come to uk to study biotech or bakery? u seem like drag urself into bakery more than biotech...wuakakaka

connie said...

FM: less friction, less problem, equals to peace of mind..hahha! and of course i can rest in peace (not RIP) after helping them...

Winnee:
I think i learn a lot of..both...hahha! baking and studying at the same time...hehe! when i go back, i bake for u la...make u fat fat n white white..hahhahaha!!!

FM Luder said...

you'll make a good mother i think... but don't mother these barbarians too much. don't be too passive!

i should tell this too myself too... not that i'd be a good mother lol - the last bit!