Saturday 13 June 2009

unlucky me or unprofessional 'them'?

Okay, yesterday, i had this super duper bad day...

i went for my third blood test (coz everything is so normal and i think they doctors/nurses have fun/addicted to jabbing me).... I went ALONE which is already damn scary....and the nurse actually made some MISTAKES! Real situation descibed below:

Connie getting ready for jabbing with eyes tightly closed, heart praying and mind thinking of tom & jerry...

*jabbed*

Nurse: Oh, God!

*connie's heart raced! *God? something MUST be wrong!*

Nurse: dont't look! I am sorry Love...Is it painful? are you okay?

*i can hear the blood being sucked out and churning inside the syringe*
when someone asked you NOT to look, i am pretty sure 90% of NORMAL human would peek..right?...I saw blood on the floor, on my arms and on her hand!!! she didnt wear any gloves and she is busy wiping it off and keep asking me not to look..

Connie: It is painful, but i am okay...(almost cried)

Nurse: do you want me to carry on or do a second time, Love?

Connie: Just carry on....i dont wana get jabbed anymore...

Ending: she didnt get enough blood sample for the last tube (4 tubes all together)...and she has to hold the cotton ball for around 5 mins after the needle has been pulled out...when she released it, the blood is still dripping out (not too much though)...

Why didn't she wear gloves? It is a normal practice to avoid patient's blood, isnt it? hmm... am i unlucky to meet her or is she just unprofessional enough? now, i have a huge bruise and it is a bit painful...sigh..

2nd bad news: My thesis has to be handed in by 1st of sept...but the presentation is 11 of sept...damn it! such a long break! i rather 3rd of sept or even 2nd! Then, the stupid viva is 15th of Oct!!! From 11th sept till 15th oct, i will be loitering!

my lecturer said "you can go home and return by 15th oct, but i would suggest you to wait"

yea right! who the hell wouldn't wait? you think it is funny to travel for 20 hours? I don't know how they can come up with 15th of Oct as the viva thingy! but it is brainless...do they even consider about international students? (80% are international student!)

conclusion : unlucky me to enrol in this course or unprofessional of them to decide this date?

3 comments:

shirley. said...

omg.. how is it? soed it stil hurt now? i treat u eat roti canai lar.. dun be sad ya..

christinegoh said...

scary nia~~~ hahaha~~ lucky u din faint...XD glad that i din see u write faint tiz words..hahaha~!! well... shir say she will cia u anythg~~ muahahaha!! i will help u eat~

FM Luder said...

The nurse sounded comforting. I need a blood test soon so I'll see if I can get that nurse!

=0