Monday 8 December 2008

i am back...

today is the first day i attend my one-week-laboratory work....where i have to produce antibiotics..... the class is divided into two groups....one is purification and the other is response-something group...(obviously, i am spacing out during the lecture...so i didn't know it)...hahhaha!

then, the lecturer said he wanted a leader in each group...one of the guys volunteered to be the leader for purification group....suddenly, this lecturer called out my name..(as told by my friends coz i was spacing out....)

'connie, do you mind becoming the leader?'......and i was still spacing out at that moment, so i didn't reply.... so, he continued.."connie, you looked shocked"......and suddenly, i heard my name and i looked at him with lotsa question marks on my face...my fren beside me told me to nod my head....since i do not know anything so i followed what she said...

Glyn looked pleased and said 'that's settled it..you'll be the leader for this group'

so, i am now the group leader which i don't even know what's the name of the group...darn! and throughout this whole day, i heard them saying 'you are the leader now'....for like a thousand times......and it was often not in a good intonation...anyway...i think i am getting used to it.... my 3 other close pals told me that it was really lucky that i am appointed as the leader as our class rep (one of the indians) wanted to volunteer herself....they do not want her as the leader anymore since she did nothing but throwing questions at us.....

and hell, yea, i am the one doing project for her as well as selecting genes, primers, & restriction enzymes for her! i am the one to taught her how to use RASMOL software, writing lab report, extract info from bioinformatics....and she still want to become a leader? gosh! i am not saying i am better than her.....but....i cant be that bad, can i?

hmm...maybe Glyn think that i talked a lot, so i should keep on talking? hhaha!

anyway, i'll definitely try be a good leader...and i proved myself today...sigh...and we had a 2 hours break...and supposed to be back by 2pm.....3 people from my group were late for 15 minutes..(including the one who wanted to volunteer herself to be the leader)....and i ended up calling each of them to ask them to rush here ASAP...argh....the supervisor told me to make sure my groupmates won't be late for tomorrow's practical...argh...i think 3 of them did it on purpose....i had reminded them a few times before the break....and they were still late for 15 minutes?......i never wanted to be a leader, coz i rather be slacking off without responsibility over others....

....whatever....hopefully everything will be fine for this whole week...

2 comments:

shirley. said...

wa lao eh.. if they late for practical, just tell the lecturer u reminded them and tat's all u can do. tell the lecturer tat it is their responsibility too, to be puntual. argggh.. really hate those bastards, son of char siew pao.

connie said...

hahahha! the lecturers heard me reminding them before we had our break....so, it's still my responsibility to make sure they turn up on time...like 'nai ma'...hhahahha!