Saturday 30 January 2010

decision

This is my phd life decision....I am actually staying with my phd supervisor and his wife (and THE KID)...and I am still finding my accommodation... I had a hard time getting one, so my supervisor suggested that I should stay with them for the rest of the time.. well, possibly until something happen and both of us quarrel at the uni and I will be kicked out of the house, perhaps...

So, I do not know whether I should accept his offer. What do you guys think? First of all, I can't skip any of the weekdays since I stay with him! If i went clubbing and got a hangover, I wouldn't want to turn up to uni and I'll just give some excuse of being sick or whatsoever...However, if i am staying with him, I can't possibly do that, can I?

But staying with them means a safe place for me...Since this place is a expensive area, the crime rate would be so much lower and I had no problem walking home late. But, in contrast, I can't party, and I HAVE to GIVE UP my party life! UGH...What should I do? I had viewed a few houses and they are all in really bad condition...This is the toughest decision I'll have to make....

And I went to view a house with a Pakistani landlord...he was a bit FLIRTY and asked me out for DINNER! He called every other day eversince I went to see his house! But I wont be staying with him, I'll be staying near him (a few streets away)...I am scared he might have the spare key to my room and I wonder if I'll have to castrate him at some point...He is in his mid 40's and he is single! So, I think of that place as a HUGE NO-NO!

Well, let me know what you guys think, okay? I need some suggestions...

3 comments:

said...

what I think is, if u really cant find an really idle than ur supervisor's house, his house is the last option. safe and near to ur uni, this 1 come 1st.
however, I dun think u totally need to give up ur party time.come on, how old r u alr? i dun think he can control ur personal life rite? sommore, in uk, clubbing is a normal lifestyle. n 1 more thing, u also not that type of clubbing kaki, it is very normal to fo for clubbing to release ur stress once a while.

said...

what I think is, if u really cant find an really idle than ur supervisor's house, his house is the last option. safe and near to ur uni, this 1 come 1st.
however, I dun think u totally need to give up ur party time.come on, how old r u alr? i dun think he can control ur personal life rite? sommore, in uk, clubbing is a normal lifestyle. n 1 more thing, u also not that type of clubbing kaki, it is very normal to fo for clubbing to release ur stress once a while.

Donna Bong said...

I THINK!!! (good job you're updating your blog) hahaha.

I think you should stay with your supervisor. It's a brilliant idea, safe, convenient.. everything you can ask for. :)

What you could do... is find friends and crash at their place during weekends and tell them that you like to spend time with friends too. I'm sure they'll be understanding. I mean.. he doesn't want you to be dull like him.. RIGHT?

and that pakistani.. yeah stay away. hehehe